Dynamic churches--congregations that are experiencing phenomenal growth, Christian ministries that God is using to take down walls, churches where souls are being saved and lives transformed--inspire us and make for great reading. The book of Acts, the divinely inspired history of the early church, is all this and more.
In the author's words: "One reason I love to study the book of Acts is its uniqueness. It is the sourcebook for the spread of early Christianity. Without it we would know little about the apostolic church except what could be gleaned from Paul's epistles. It is the chronicle of the spreading flame of the Holy Spirit."
In this welcome addition to the Preaching the Word series, Pastor Kent Hughes provides fascinating commentary on the book of Acts:
- The birth of the church
- Bold gospel preaching that resulted in thousands being won to Christ
- The transformation of the church's greatest enemy into her greatest spokesman
- Expanded international witness due to persecution and in response to divine calling
- Walls of racial and religious pride blown away
- The dramatic missionary journeys of the Apostle Paul
- The cost of discipleship and the rewards of faithfulness
This encouraging commentary on a marvelous Bible book is sure to challenge all Christian believers who seek to walk with Christ and to serve him more effectively through the power of the Holy Spirit.